Friday, August 30, 2013

Not Losing a Moment!

You may have seen the news that we have a new location established for us to be able to get back to having our monthly Community Partner luncheons and hopefully have more of a presence in the city.  I have got to be part of coming up with the design concept for this new location.  It's been really exciting to think about how to portray our mission and create a sense of what we're about through our decor and design.

As I've thought about it, the idea of needing to be grounded to the earth came to mind.  I pondered on that for awhile, trying to figure out what it is about that idea that makes me think - yeah, that's what City Connections is about.  Then one day it hit me: it is from dust we came and to dust we will return; our life here is temporary and as God says in His word, like a breath to Him.  I want to be reminded of that every day, so that every day I am focused on serving and furthering the Kingdom in whatever way possible; I do not want to miss any opportunity for how God wants to use me, life is too fleeting!

And that, that is what we are about at City Connections; we make ourselves available every day to be used in furthering the Kingdom here in Little Rock.  Won't you come serve with us, don't let this moment pass you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment